Thank you for your interest in working with SF Sketchfest. All job openings are listed below. Click on a posting to view details and instructions on applying. More positions will be posted in November. For the latest info on job openings, be sure and follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for our newsletter below.
Anticipated dates of employment:
November 29 – December 31, 2021: 1-10 hrs/week, as needed
January 1 – 28, 2022: full time
Director of Production
Seeking a skilled technical director with excellent organizational skills and technical knowledge to work with the Director of Production to advance, execute and manage technical elements of all shows during the festival. This position requires competency in sound, projection, lighting and basic carpentry.
- Act as primary on-the-ground technical point of contact for production department
- Load-in Venues at top of festival, including staging, soft goods, projection and sound systems, and setting basic lighting looks.
- Load-out Venues at the end of festival.
- Pick ups and returns of rental gear throughout the festival.
- Perform pre-production walk-thrus of festival venues.
- Technical troubleshooting of venues
- Assist with projection and sound gear research and purchasing
- Assist with hiring show staff
- Help train technicians
- Run shows when assigned
- Maintain festival gear inventories
- Make required gear lists for shows
- Transportation of technical gear between venues throughout the festival
- Post-festival wrap report completed by January 28
- 3+ years of stage technician experience
- Detailed Knowledge of Sound & Projection
- Basic carpentry and lighting knowledge
- Detail Oriented and well Organized
- Awesome communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience using Google Docs
- Must have valid/clean CA driver’s license
- Owning full size vehicle or truck is a plus
- Stage Management/House Tech/Multi-Source Experience a Plus
- Sense of Humor Required
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
Email resume to email@example.com. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.