Thank you for your interest in working with SF Sketchfest. All job openings are listed below. Click on a posting to view details and instructions on applying. More positions will be posted in November. For the latest info on job openings, be sure and follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for our newsletter below.
Anticipated dates of employment:
November 29 – December 31, 2021: 1-10 hrs/week, as needed
January 1 – 28, 2022: full time
Director of Production
Seeking a skilled technical director with excellent organizational skills and technical knowledge to work with the Director of Production to advance, execute and manage technical elements of all shows during the festival. This position requires competency in sound, projection, lighting and basic carpentry.
- Act as primary on-the-ground technical point of contact for production department
- Load-in Venues at top of festival, including staging, soft goods, projection and sound systems, and setting basic lighting looks.
- Load-out Venues at the end of festival.
- Pick ups and returns of rental gear throughout the festival.
- Perform pre-production walk-thrus of festival venues.
- Technical troubleshooting of venues
- Assist with projection and sound gear research and purchasing
- Assist with hiring show staff
- Help train technicians
- Run shows when assigned
- Maintain festival gear inventories
- Make required gear lists for shows
- Transportation of technical gear between venues throughout the festival
- Post-festival wrap report completed by January 28
- 3+ years of stage technician experience
- Detailed Knowledge of Sound & Projection
- Basic carpentry and lighting knowledge
- Detail Oriented and well Organized
- Awesome communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience using Google Docs
- Must have valid/clean CA driver’s license
- Owning full size vehicle or truck is a plus
- Stage Management/House Tech/Multi-Source Experience a Plus
- Sense of Humor Required
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
Digital Content Manager
Anticipated dates of employment:
immediately – February 4, 2022
Under the direction of the Marketing Director, populate and manage social media calendars with the goal of increasing social media engagement and conversion to ticket sales.
- Implement social media strategy across various SF Sketchfest digital platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Create and manage content for social platforms within guidelines specified by Marketing Director and Festival Producers
- Resize and edit images to fit each social platform
- Work with design templates to prep graphic assets
- Create content on the ground at the festival
- Monitor and respond to messages, direct questions and comments on all social platforms.
- Create and manage digital ad campaigns on social platforms targeted towards various audiences
- Track analytics for social engagement and prepare a detailed report post-festival
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity working with Google Drive and file management systems
- Facebook Business Manager experience
- Experience using Buffer or equivalent platforms
- Minimal understanding of graphics programs Photoshop and Illustrator
- Organized with excellent attention to detail
- Social media management experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with SF Sketchfest and the comedy community.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.