From The San Francisco Chronicle
January 29, 2009
By Tim Sullivan
1. “Facebook Improv”? Can You Explain It In Fewer Than 20 Words? We look up audience member profiles, let them explain, then do scenes based on their lives. (16 words.) YES!
2. The Rob Riggle School Of Journalism? Can anyone explain it in fewer than 20 words? Don’t lie to me ’cause I’ll crush you into powder. Also, the truth isn’t as important as the story. (19 words.) YES! Nailed it again!
3. Now That Bush And Cheney Have Departed, Is Your Job Really Necessary? Always … Someone ALWAYS has to speak truth to power! Let’s see how good the Dems’ sense of humor is now that they’re in charge.
4. Can You Explain Exactly How Katie Couric Managed To Steal You Away From Jon Stewart? Stewart lost me in a late-night poker bet to CBS.
5. Do You Miss Sharing Office Space With John Oliver? Sharing an office with John Oliver for 2 1/2 years was definitely one of the highlights of my entire comedy career. It’s summed up quite nicely in the farewell video at links.sfgate.com/ZFWU.
6. Favorite Thing About San Francisco? Most of the people.
7. Least Favorite Thing? Some of the people.
8. Favorite Comedian (Other Than Yourself)? There are sooo many! John Oliver, Mike Birbiglia, Jon Stewart, Rory Albanese, Rob Huebel, Paul Scheer, Owen Burke, Seth Morris, Ian Roberts, Matt Walsh, Demetri Martin, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinison … the list could go on for a very long time.
9. Is It True You Were Declared Kansan Of The Year Last Year? Not me, I lost again. This time to a 4-H pig named Jezzzebell.
10. Anything You’d Like To Add? Please come to the SF Sketchfest! I will be juggling fire and plan to swallow a tiger whole. You don’t want to miss it!
11. Rob Riggle Can Be Found Fighting Crime At: “Facebook Improv” with Rob Corddry, Rob Huebel, Paul Scheer, Seth Morris, Chad Carter and Owen Burke. 8 and 10 p.m. Fri. $20. Eureka Theatre, 215 Jackson St. (415) 584-2941. He’ll also be appearing at “The Hills: A Staged Reading” and “Invite Them Up” with a variety of other Sketchfest comedians. 8 and 10:30 p.m. Sat. $25. Cobb’s Comedy Club, 915 Columbus Ave. (415) 928-4320. www.sfsketchfest.com.