Sponsored by Jakub Mosur Photography
After a recent televised debate on this subject as part of “Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell,” atheist comedian Jamie Kilstein and believer comedian John Fugelsang will flesh out their arguments as they Debate the Existence of God at this special event.
Jamie Kilstein has been seen on “The Conan O’Brien Show,” MSNBC’s “Up with Chris and Melissa Harris-Perry Show,” “Totally Biased” on FX, NPR’s “Weekend Edition,” “Countdown with Keith Olbermann,” Showtime’s “The Green Room,” CNN’s “The Joy Behar Show,” The Paramount Comedy Channel in the UK, The BBC, The Comedy Channel in Australia, HBO Canada, and Showtime Comedy in the Middle East. His latest CD, “What Alive People Do,” spent its first week released at number one on both the iTunes and Amazon comedy charts. It also is the first CD released by Standup Records to be reviewed in The Rolling Stone. He co-hosts Citizen Radio, which has been praised by Janeane Garofalo, Noam Chomsky, Robin Williams. He and his co-host were named by The Nation Magazine as top “media heroes”. Most importantly Glenn Beck has called him a “doofus” and “goofball” and Jonah Goldberg refuses to fight him. He was a Timeout Chicago, Sydney, New York and London’s Critics Pick. He has played the concert hall of the Sydney Opera House and opened for Bad Religion. Before that he lived out of his car and dropped out of high school. Take that, life!
15 FACTS ABOUT JOHN FUGELSANG
1. He interviewed Paul McCartney in London, and George Harrison in New York – in the same week. He also once handed Ringo a glass of water.
2. He appeared on “Politically Incorrect” more than 20 times and Bill Maher called him ‘one of my favorite comedians’.
3. He plays two roles in the upcoming romantic comedy ‘The Whole Truth’ starring Elisabeth Rohm and Eric Roberts, and just wrapped the independent feature ‘Price Check’ opposite Parker Posey.
4. His mother is an ex-Nun and his father was a Franciscan Brother. His Drama-League Nominated Off-Broadway solo show “ALL THE WRONG REASONS” was based on their love story. He admires Jesus as any guy would admire mom’s first husband.
5. Currently on tour with ‘The Stephanie Miller Sexy Liberal Show’ along with Hal Sparks, and appearing this summer Off-Broadway with ‘Laughing Liberally.’
6. He’s been featured on CNN, Fox News, Dennis Miller, Air America, CNBC, and been published on The Huffington Post and Daily Kos. Oh, he also co-hosted “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.”
7. “CSI” – Dead Drug Mule. “Becker” – Psycopath. “Providence” – Sleazy Lawyer. “Coyote Ugly” – Crooked Club Owner. “Somewhere in the City “- Sex scene with Sandra Bernhard.
8. British GQ & the New York Post call him “Hilarious;” The New Yorker says, “He has the soul of an iconoclast;” and former Klansman David Duke says, “This man hates himself.”
9. He’s appeared at Montreal’s ‘Just for Laughs’ Festival, HBO’s U.S Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, The Las Vegas Comedy Festival, and he closed last year’s South Beach Comedy Festival in Miami. Booed in Tampa in 2002 for doing Bush material.
10. He is Irish, Danish and German; which means he gets drunk, hides the Jews, and looks for them.
11. He co-hosted “America’s Funniest Videos” with Daisy Fuentes. And a series for PBS. Basically, same job.
12. He’s recently performed for US Troops in El Salvador, Honduras, and on their humanitarian mission to Haiti.
13. He’s co-hosted (first with ‘Mad TV’s’ Debra Wilson, then with Gorgeous Emmy winner Teresa Strasser) “Watercooler,” the only intentionally funny show on TV Guide Network.
14. He’s a regular on HLN’s ‘The Joy Behar Show,’ Laura Flanders’ ‘GritTV’ & is a contributor to Tony Hendra’s new satirical site ‘The Final Edition.’
15. He believes in both the Zodiac and Chinese Astrology, which makes him a Virgin born in the year of the Cock.
Sunday February 9th, 8pm, Eureka Theater BUY TICKETS